The Santa Fe Museum building originally housed the Sealy News it was located on Main Street. The newspaper was known as the Sealy Weekly News at that time. The building was constructed in 1900 and moved to its current location in 1929 when the Krampitz family built the Texas Theatre at the original site of the building. The Levine family purchased the building when it was moved and used it for storage until 1989 when it was donated to the Sealy Area Historical Society.
The original typesetting cabinet that has trays for storing the letters made of steel is on display in the museum.